Friday, April 24, 2009

Kittens, Chickens and Fairies

I have a long list of things I need to get done IN the house but this gorgeous weather has kept us OUT of the house the past couple of days. So, instead of housework I've been playing!
We played with the kitties and let the Mommy cat out for some exercise.
We couldn't let the chickens and ducks miss out on this nice weather so they got to do some exploring.
We even had our lunch outside!
Since we had taken care of our animal friends, we decided to take care of our imaginary friends. I've been wanting to do this with Leah since I saw the idea last year. She was super excited about making a fairy house and couldn't wait to check the next day to see if a fairy had visited.
The whole time we were making it I kept imagining what it would be like to live in the tiny little house.....use acorn caps as cups, leaves as blankets, dandelion pillows, pebble walkways. I always wanted to be a Smurf or one of the Littles when I was a kid so I guess it makes sense that now I want to be a fairy so I can live in our little fairy house.

We hope you are enjoying Spring too!! If you need a pick-me-up.....go outside, play with some animals, eat a bologna sandwich on white bread, and make a fairy house. It will instantly make you happy!!

2 comments:

kerri said...

Love it! I want to make a fairy house too!! Remember when we used to pretend we were pilgrims or something like that?

kristen said...

Heck yeah I remember that!! We would get milk weed and squeeze it and pretend that was our milk and then we'd find seeds and plant them as our food! We had some good imaginations!!!